Company: Started in 1981, AlliedPRA is an award‐winning, full‐service destination management company providing clients with a professional service resource in designing and executing destination programs. We currently have 20 offices throughout the United States. Our services include Special Events, Transportation, Activities, Sightseeing Tours, Program Logistics, Team Building Events, Décor and Entertainment Options. Our office environment is friendly, relaxed and progressive, yet challenging as well. Located in the Kaka’ako area of Honolulu, our office is within walking distance from TheBus.
Summary of Position: The Event Producer assists the sales team in the areas of program development, client service needs assessment, and development of supplier/partner relationships. They are also responsible for the logistical management and operation of programs and serve as the primary contact for the client during the pre‐planning and operation of the client’s program. Ensures the expectations of the client are exceeded to promote client retention.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for program development according to specifications of client
- Develops creative program ideas for client programs that are cost effective and promote client retention
- Writes client proposals and ensures the most cost effective measures have been taken
- Creates and reviews costing sheets of each proposal before it is sent to the client
- Develops and maintains business relationships and supplier/partner relationships
- Reviews supplier agreements and negotiate as necessary
- Issues client agreement with the responsibility of collecting payment for program before operations
- Operates programs, including travel to other islands as needed
- Keeps General Manager/Owners promptly and fully informed of all opportunities and other unusual matters and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action which may be taken
- Takes and qualifies a lead call when a National Sales Manager is not available and acts on accordingly
- Participates in and performs site inspections and client meetings as requested
- Represents AlliedPRA at community events and industry functions
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested
QUALIFICATIONS & INFORMATION
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- College Degree – BA or equivalent
- Excellent writing skills and grammar; exceptional communication skills
- Experience working with budgets
- Highly proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Fantastic with people and truly appreciate the nuances of how a small business works and operates
- Knowledge of the Hawaiian Islands is a plus
- Ability to promote AlliedPRA and its product to clients, suppliers, staff and other members of the general public
- Works well with management, peers, clients, suppliers and tour directors
- Ability to multi‐task and maintain organization of workload
- Ability to successfully operate with ambiguous and changing deadlines
- Ability to work flexible hours; weekends, evenings, holidays
- Ability to travel to venue locations as needed
- Must be highly organized
- Possess a professional manner and appearance when representing AlliedPRA with clients, partners and the community
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
- The employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers, using them to handle, operate a computer, and reach.
- The employee is regularly required to stand and walk in this position.
- They must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics for this position are typical of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in this office is moderate.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to airborne particles.
- While at some program sites, may be exposed to extreme temperature, noise, and climate differences.
- Ability to travel to program sites, greet clients, participate in multi‐day site inspections with sales managers and clients.
- Ability to travel to other APRA office locations by vehicle, airplane.
- Must be able to safely and legally operate a vehicle (personal, rental, or company).
- Must have a current, valid driver’s license for the state in which the employee performs his or her driving duties
- Must maintain a clean driving record, i.e., must remain insurable under our company’s liability insurance policy.
AlliedPRA believes in creating long‐term relationships by being responsive and relevant and by consistently delivering value to our community and to our clients. Specifically, with our employees, we focus on attracting, developing and retaining the best talent for our business, challenging our people, demonstrating a “can‐do” attitude and fostering a collaborative and mutually supportive environment.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected age classification, ancestry, color, religious creed, marital status, military and veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, and gender expression. AlliedPRA will make every reasonable effort to accommodate individuals based on their disability status.
Competitive compensation, incentive plan and benefits package
To apply please email Liz Keyser (email@example.com) and Ferris Suer (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your resume, cover
letter, salary history and expectations. No phone calls please.