National Sales Manager
Company: Started in 1981, AlliedPRA is an award‐winning, full‐service destination management company providing clients with a professional service resource in designing and executing destination programs. We currently have 20 offices throughout the United States. Our services include Special Events, Transportation, Activities, Sightseeing Tours, Program Logistics, Team Building Events, Décor and Entertainment Options. Our office environment is friendly, relaxed and progressive, yet challenging as well. Located in the Kaka’ako area of Honolulu, our office is within walking distance from TheBus.
Summary of Position: The National Sales Manager position is responsible for achieving the Performance Team Sales and Gross Profit Objectives by selling AlliedPRA’s outstanding service to corporate, incentive and association clients. This position is responsible for developing a client base, working with the account management and operations team to design meaningful client experiences and build long‐term client relationships.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain and sustain client relationships, while building new client connections
- Develop internal and external leads
- Arrange client meetings, presentations and site inspections
- Manage assigned hotel relationships
- Promote AlliedPRA through sales calls, sales trips and industry relations
- Progress reports on a regular basis
- Develop, manage, and guide sales activities for the organization
- Assist in the design and execution of the sales strategy and sales plan
- Propose and execute policies and programs to achieve maximum sales volume potential for services
- Act as main point of contact for client through sales process to include brainstorming event ideas, manage creative proposal development and revisions as well as contracting.
- Manage a team of Account Managers through the planning and operations phases of client program and attend events as needed to manage client relationships and ensure operational success.
- Obtain complete and thorough knowledge of AlliedPRA’s policies, products and services
- Attend industry events and be familiarized with the industry, hotels and suppliers
- Comprehensive understanding of the proprietary AlliedPRA software and systems
QUALIFICATIONS & INFORMATION
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A minimum of (3) years’ work experience as a Sales Manager or Account Manager
- College Degree – BA or equivalent
- Excellent writing skills and grammar
- Experience working with budgets
- Highly proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must have knowledge of the San Francisco Bay Area including all counties from Monterey County through Napa County
- Ability to promote AlliedPRA and its product to clients, suppliers, staff and the general public
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to build strong bonds with Account Managers to foster open, honest and candid communicatio
- Ability to work flexible hours; weekends, evenings, holidays and to travel to venue locations as needed
- Possess a professional manner and appearance when representing AlliedPRA with clients and supplier/partners
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
- The employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers, using them to handle, operate a computer, and reach.
- The employee is regularly required to stand and walk in this position.
- They must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics for this position are typical of those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- The noise level in this office is moderate.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to airborne particles.
- While at some program sites, may be exposed to extreme temperature, noise, and climate differences.
- Ability to travel to program sites, greet clients, participate in multi‐day site inspections with sales managers and clients.
- Ability to travel to other APRA office locations by vehicle, airplane.
- Must be able to safely and legally operate a vehicle (personal, rental, or company).
- Must have a current, valid driver’s license for the state in which the employee performs his or her driving duties
- Must maintain a clean driving record, i.e., must remain insurable under our company’s liability insurance policy.
AlliedPRA believes in creating long‐term relationships by being responsive and relevant and by consistently delivering value to our
community and to our clients. Specifically, with our employees, we focus on attracting, developing and retaining the best talent for
our business, challenging our people, demonstrating a “can‐do” attitude and fostering a collaborative and mutually supportive
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to
protected age classification, ancestry, color, religious creed, marital status, military and veteran status, national origin, race, sex,
gender, gender identity, and gender expression. AlliedPRA will make every reasonable effort to accommodate individuals based on
their disability status.
Competitive compensation, incentive plan and benefits package
To apply please email Liz Keyser (email@example.com) and Ferris Suer (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your resume, cover
letter, salary history and expectations. No phone calls please.